WP Bots Analytics is a WordPress plugin that allows you to check Search Engine spiders activities on your website directly in your Google Analytics dashboard. Installing it on your blog you can know if:
- There are any pages very rarely visited by bots (in this case you should ask yourself if they are too far from the homepage or receive too few links);
- there are any pages of great interest for search engines (maybe you could better optmize them);
- there are unwanted bots unnecessarily consuming your bandwidth (robots.txt directives could come in handy);
- there are any pages you wanted to block which are still spidered (maybe your robots.txt instructions are wrong);
- there are pages we want to be indexed and are not visited at all (you should check for deepspidering issues).
By knowing these informations you can improve your SEO, and – very important aspect – you can monitor bots over time, look at trends and segment datas using Google Analytics potentiality.